Thursday, July 14, 2011

Planning My sopping trips

I probably take the long route when I plan my trips, but hey, it works for me =)

When I buy my papers on Sunday morning I take out the Coupon inserts and the store ads.  Now I go to 5 stores a week, Rite Aid, CVS, Walgreens, Meijer, and occasionally the local grocery store if they have something cheaper than Meijer.

So anyway, I take the store ads and separate them in to two piles, one set is for my fiance, we go through the ads and circle the things we want and need.  After that I make a list for him and a list for me and compare them. Then I go back through his with him and cross off something that he may WANT but not need or something he can wait for.  I do the same with my list.

THEN I go through and see what I have coupons for.  After I have all that done I make a "Master List" for each store.  I paperclip my coupons by store and put them in my accordion file so that they don't get mixed up.

I do scour the internet for other deals and steals that I may have missed or that weren't advertised, but I don't always find things.

I also go to Wal Mart once or twice a month because sometimes they have better deals than other stores and I can get overages that I can use for meat or produce.

I also take my binder into the store with me, so if I see a deal that I missed I can grab it and check if I have a coupon. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment